Edtesa Reporting Service: Notice to Users
This notice sets out:
What Edtesa Reporting can be used for and how it works
Edtesa Reporting is an open route made available to you by your organisation (the Organisation) and managed by Edtesa Limited (Edtesa).
Your message will be relayed to a nominated email account at the Organisation. If you give your name this will show to the Organisation.
Each message string will be linked by a unique reference so that you can check responses. If you have entered your email address into Edtesa Reporting you will be notified about responses.
You will see the first name of the person at the Organisation responding to you where replies are sent.
You are able to use Edtesa Reporting as the Organisation has designated you as being within the Organisation Community.
The Organisation is responsible for providing the Organisation Community with information about:
- What they would like Edtesa Reporting to be used to report;
- How the Organisation processes personal data provided to them in a message once they have saved it off the Edtesa Reporting system;
- Data protection rights related to use of Edtesa Reporting including how long messages processed by them are kept;
- How the Organisation acts upon the information provided in a message (this may relate to information about the person sending the message or another individual identified in the message) – such as in line with Organisation policies on anti-social behaviour, safeguarding, bullying, cyber bullying and any other use of social media.
The Organisation is responsible for any action that it takes (including no action) on the information provided in a message.
Is my message really anonymous?
A message is anonymous to the Organisation if:
- You have not included your name in the contact box;
- You do not give your details in the body of a message.
The Organisation does not have access to an email address or other contact details (Contact Data) unless these are provided to the Organisation by you in the body of the message.
Data Protection Information
Edtesa and the Organisation are joint controllers in respect any of personal data within a message and if you disclose your name when making a message (Message Data).
As Controller - we process the Message Data as part of the services but we do not review, monitor or act on the contents of any message. We process Message Data in order to give functionality to the Edtesa Reporting service. We delete Message Data regularly at intervals agreed with the Organisation unless there is a reason given by law for its retention or we are required to keep it due to a court order or order of any competent authority (the Retention Policy).
As Controller - processed the Message Data as required by the message and may store this outside of the Edtesa Reporting system. the Organisation will provide you with the appropriate notices including privacy notice information in respect of this.
Edtesa is the Controller in respect of Contact Data provided outside of the message and we use this to alert you to a reply from the Organisation and to notify you of the unique number assigned to the message string. We process this in order to give functionality to the Edtesa Reporting service. We delete Contact Data in accordance with the Retention Policy.
Edtesa is the Controller and also processes some other data (which may be personal data) relating to the IP address of the machine sending the message and related data. We call this Meta Data. We process this in order to give functionality to the Edtesa Reporting Service and delete it in accordance with the Retention Policy except where we have completely anonymised the data and use this for analytical purposes.
Message Data: the Organisation will advise you how and when it may be required to disclose Message Data to any other party in order to act on the contents of a Message.
Message Data, Contact Data, Meta Data: as above, Edtesa is the Controller of this data.
Message Data: We share this with the Organisation as this is the basis of the Edtesa Reporting Service agreement we have with them.
Outside of this we will only ever share Message Data, Contact Data or Meta Data with any other third party where:
- We are ordered to do so by a court order;
- We are ordered to do so by a competent authority including social services and the police;
- You agree we can do so;
- We consider that there are reasonable grounds for such disclosure to protect the vital interests of any data subject;
- it is necessary to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Edtesa, our customers, or others;
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or if Edtesa or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held may be one of the transferred assets;
Your Data Protection Rights
As we use or store personal data relating to you, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed that your personal data is being used or stored by us. This User Notice advises you of this;
- the right to access the personal data we hold which relates to you - please use the contact details below;
- the right to object to direct marketing by unsubscribing from it - we do not do this in respect of your personal data;
- the right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests - we do not do this in respect of your personal data;
- the right to erasure of information we use or hold that relates to you - we can do this subject to the Retention Policy and any order requiring us to keep your data;
- the right to data portability; - this is not relevant to the services here
- the right to object to decisions being taken by automated means - this is not relevant to the services here;
- the right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate or incomplete; and/or
- the right to have your data restricted or blocked from our processing - this is not relevant to the services here.
- The Information Commissioner's Office's guidance on each of the rights can be found here.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of our processing or personal data, please contact us. Contact details are provided below.
- Should we fail to resolve your concerns, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.
Please read this notice carefully and contact us if you have any queries by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or by writing to:
The Head of Privacy
Or by telephone on: 0345 034 3201
Rules of Use
Please do not use rude language or swear in a message as this may cause it to be blocked by the Organisation’s scanning systems.
In sending a message please ensure that you do not do so in a manner which would:
- store, distribute or transmit any Virus;
- include, save as is necessary due to the message you need to send, any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive; or facilitates illegal activity; or depicts sexually explicit images; or promotes unlawful violence, discrimination based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, or any other illegal activities; or
- identify a third party unless this is necessary in respect of the information you wish to report to the Organisation.
If you do this and we are aware of this from the Organisation or other means we have the right to block your use of the services.